Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Paris I. Sightseeing and visiting suburbs



The Parisian way... :)


Hello dears,

How did you start your spring? I started mine in Paris! I had an amazing weekend over there.

It started by taking an early train London-Paris. Train is so much easier and quicker than plane! No airport transfers, no security/check-in queues etc. Just two hours and you're there...

There I met a CSer, who was a very good host :)

We started from republique, went down to bastille, then Notre Dame and around.
Then I met a friend at Palais Royal, we went around the Louvre, Champs Elysees, Arc de Triomphe and finished at the Eiffel tower. Then we had a quick look at the opera and I took a train to suburbs where I visited my relatives and the beautiful Chantilly castle.

In the evening I had to take a train back to Paris but the trains were cancelled because of construction works. Some night buses were supposed to go instead. But no one new when or how long and where will they take me, and on top of it nobody spoke English! I ended up in the middle of nowhere, at night, waiting [2hrs] for another bus which was already taking us to Paris where the metro was not going anymore.... What a mess, it was like Spain all over again. I was not ready for that :)) well at least I got back safe and sound, but it took a loooot of time :)

Ok now its picture time, the Paris story to be continued in the next post :)

Le Louvre

Contemporary Art Centre
The queue to Notre Dame is quite small, comparing to the ones for the Louvre and Eifel :)))

The Eifel area is a quite nice place to walk around :)
The Arc :)
Chantilly castle is very lovely and it has a huge park with channels behind it. All surrounded by the nature :)
Academics' house near the castle.


No comments:

Post a Comment