Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Paris II. Montmartre and Père Lachaise cemetery

Sacre coeur in Montmartre
(Paris continued)

In the morning we went to have a walk Montmartre. It is a nice district with a cozy provincial-like feel.

Then I visited the famous Lachaise cemetery. Many famous people are buried there. I did not find many of them (didn't really try to), but it was a lovely walk. Beautiful place.

Later I relaxed in one park and walked around st Germain. Then I joined my host in one bar for some French songs. There was a guy playing a guitar and everybody got a booklet with lyrics and were singing along! A good pronunciation practice I would say and of course lots of fun. The bar was stuffed with the French singing their songs :)

To sum up, I had a very enjoyable weekend in Paris. Didn't really understand why everybody is so amazed by the city. It is nice, but not utterly beautiful. It has a lovely feel though, somewhat like Barcelona, but it is not that chaotic-noisy-southern as BCN, more subtle I would say.

Enjoy the pictures for now and wait for the next post about my last weekend in Italy!


Montmartre
Montmartre
Montmartre

Montmartre - the only vineyard in Paris

Montmartre, Moulin rouge

Cemetery

Cemetery, Crematorium
Crematorium
Chopin's grave
Some graves' exterior...

...and some interior
interior

No comments:

Post a Comment